Understanding TRASA installation process

So I’m following the docker guideline (working on a Oracle Linux 8 VM) and this is known:

To run TRASA with a bare minimal setup, you will need :

1. Database (PostgreSQL),
  2. Redis,
  3. Guacamole Guacd server (Only required If you need to protect Remote Desktop >Access),
  4. TRASA server itself.

And following there are the docker commands to run the mentioned applications, so it’s correct to say I have to create docker images for each? I have Guacamole Server already configured on that VM (compiled from source) , and I am guessing that having installed the rpm packages for both Redis and PostgreSql isn’t the way to set up TRASA?

So I should go to docker hub and get the official images, I suppose?

Are there any images one could get manually, e.g. using wget command?
I am asking this because the server where I am going to run TRASA won’t have internet access , and the best option in our case would be export the images as tar files and build them on the server.

Hi,

and I am guessing that having installed the rpm packages for both Redis and PostgreSql isn’t the way to set up TRASA?

No, you can definitely install and setup both Redis and PostgreSql from RPM package. Just make sure that Redis and trasa-server should be running on the same server. To use trasa server without docker, you can find download link for the latest trasa-server binary here: https://www.trasa.io/docs/install/installation under ubuntu section.

Are there any images one could get manually, e.g. using wget command?

You can do: $ docker save seknox/trasa:latest > out.tar and SCP the tar file to linux server.

Thanks, will do that
And regarding Apache Guacamole, the linux server has already an instance of Apache Guacamole running, Trasa-Server is an implementation for access control.

To use trasa server without docker, you can find download link for the latest trasa-server binary here under ubuntu section.

In fact I was looking at that one, will stick to that maybe, to make it simple

Will give feedback asap

Hi again, the installation was successful and TRASA is accessible trough the link returned by console.

Thanks for letting us know. :+1: :rocket:

Good afternoon,

After installing and testing TRASA , a question was raised.
Is the service capable of auto start after a server reboot?

Here are reference service files - trasa/build/service-files at master · seknox/trasa · GitHub. You can use them to enable systemd service.

1 Like

It’s working, thank you very much

1 Like